Sounds too good to be true? It isn’t.
We want all of our patients, and their family, friends and coworkers to safe, healthy, and have the care they need. So, whether you come to NOAH, or go to another health center, whether you have insurance or not, you won’t have to pay for:
- Testing – both diagnostic (COVID-19 positive or negative), or antibody (showing you had COVID-19 or received the vaccine) are no cost to patients.
- Treatment – includes office or telehealth appointments, emergency room visits, inpatient or outpatient care, skilled nursing facility or other long-term care. Also included is equipment like ventilators, and ambulance or non-emergent transportation service.
- Vaccine – anyone 16 and older in Arizona can get the vaccine with no cost to the patient. At NOAH, we have the Moderna vaccine that has been approved for 18+ and anyone can request a vaccine appointment. Once vaccines are approved for younger ages, NOAH will administer vaccines to additional age groups at no cost to the patient.
What about health insurance?
If you are a new or existing NOAH patient, and are uninsured, you do not need to talk with us first. NOAH works directly with HRSA and Maricopa County to ensure that none of our patients – insured or not – will have to pay for any COVID-related medical care.
If you are an uninsured or undocumented patient not coming to NOAH, talk to your health center ahead of time to see if they will agree to bill the federal government for the COVID-19 care listed above.
More information about this is on this Health and Human Services page, including English- and Spanish-language materials.
Important Details about your COVID care
The only way we get past COVID-19 is together, with everyone getting the healthcare they need and deserve. Some important details:
- If you are uninsured and got a bill for COVID-19 testing or treatment:
- If you didn’t pay it yet, ask your provider to bill the HRSA COVID-19 Uninsured Program instead of you.
- If you did pay the bill, you may be owed a refund. Contact the facility that billed you. If they don’t cancel the bill or give you a refund, contact the HHS Office of Inspector General Hotline at 1-800-HHS-TIPS or online to file a complaint.
If you have additional questions about COVID-19 or the vaccine, visit NOAH’s COVID-19 page. If you want to talk to a provider about COVID-19, treatment, vaccines, or something completely different, request an appointment.