Tickle your tastebuds with this collection of Mouth-Healthy recipes curated by nutrition and dental experts through a partnership between Delta Dental of Arizona and NOAH. Follow along with our nutrition team as they provide step-by-step video recipes.
Did you know that the foods you eat affect your teeth and mouth? NOAH has partnered with Delta Dental of Arizona to help spread the word about foods that are good for your oral health.
The Simple Six
The list of Mouth Healthy foods is endless so we’ve narrowed it down to six simple categories that are easy to identify in our daily diet.
Choose Food that Are:
- Lower in Sugar – Consuming sugary foods too often can lead to tooth decay. Opt for low sugar choices as often as possible.
- Good Source of Protein – Protein is a good source of phosphorus which helps build strong tooth enamel.
- Lower in Acid – Highly acidic foods like citrus fruits can damage tooth enamel.
- Good Source of Fiber – These foods require more chewing which cleans the surface of the teeth and removes food particles while stimulating saliva production.
- Good Source of Calcium – Calcium keeps your teeth strong, especially tooth enamel, defending your teeth against erosion and cavities.
- Good Source of Antioxidants – Antioxidants, including vitamins A, C, E, and K help prevent plaque buildup, fight gum disease, and heal and repair soft tissue.
To jump start your Mouth Healthy eating, we’ve compiled a collection of recipes with ingredients that will keep your teeth and gums in tip top shape. Here are a few of our favorites:
Mouth Healthy Recipes
Grilled Portobello Egg Sandwich – Healthy and delicious, this nutritional powerhouse is packed with antioxidants, beneficial minerals and low in fat.
Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole – This cheesy comfort dish is loaded with calcium, phosphates, fiber and vitamin C.
Crispy Roasted Chickpeas – Not only are these little legumes packed with protein and nutrients, they are also low in fat.
Plus, in honor of Children’s Dental Health month, our cookbook includes several recipes that are kid-friendly to make AND eat. Try our Three Ingredient Cookies for a snack or dessert the whole family will love.
For more tasty Mouth Healthy recipes, download our entire cookbook.
Phoenix, AZ 85020
Phone: (480) 882-4545