The newest wave of COVID cases are impacting people, families, businesses, and organizations throughout our community, including NOAH. Staff across NOAH’s eight health center locations are working hard to ensure patients have access to healthcare and that staff are able to provide the best care possible in a safe and supportive environment.
NOAH health centers will be making changes over the next few weeks as cases continue to rise. We ask our patients and community to help us in the following ways:
- Be patient with the NOAH team as we are working with fewer staff. NOAH team members may be out caring for sick loved ones, monitoring symptoms, and following isolation and quarantine guidelines.
- Switch appointments to virtual appointments if possible. Some appointments must be in-person. However, it is better for everyone if appointments that are able to are switched to virtual
- Limit to just one visitor accompanying a pediatric patient, or patients with disabilities or mobility issues for in-person appointments.
- Use MyChart to schedule an appointment or COVID test, ask your provider questions, request a prescription refill, and more.
- Understand temporary changes, including reduced hours/availability for appointments, longer hold times when calling for an appointment, longer wait times for return call/email from our team.
We are all working to keep our community healthy and safe, but we are working with fewer staff. Please be patient as we remain flexible to the surges and to supporting our staff during this challenging time.
Some Helpful Links:
- Schedule an Appointment
- Request a COVID Test or Vaccine
- Log into MyChart
- Arizona Department of Health Services COVID Dashboard
To talk to a NOAH team member, call 480-882-4545.