Practice Mindful Eating and Tune into Your Body by Brandon Bolton, RDN
One healthy habit is to practice mindful eating to rediscover your body’s idea of normal eating. Mindful eating is eating with the intention of caring for yourself, while also eating with the attention necessary for noticing and enjoying food and the effect that your food has on your body! It’s important to tune in and listen to your body while eating the foods that you enjoy.
Here are some ways to practice mindful eating:
• Tune into and listen to your body – eat when hungry and stop when full and satisfied.
• Eating when your body tells you to eat (stomach growling, low energy).
• Eat foods that are nutritionally healthy.
• Eat with others at a set time and place.
• When eating, avoid multitasking and try to just eat without distractions.
• Connect with your food and consider where it comes from.
• Choose food for both enjoyment and nourishment.
Most importantly, love yourself and love your food! At NOAH, we’ll work with you and your #child to choose the best path for their overall #health and #wellness. Please call for an appt. at 480-882-4545. #gethealthy #nutrition