What is Healthy Weight Week?
Healthy Weight Week (January 15-21) is a week to celebrate making healthy lifestyle choices by eating nutritious foods, living actively and embracing body positivity. Diets aren’t beneficial in creating lifelong habits that lead to overall improved health. This week is about ditching diets and creating healthy habits instead. During Healthy Weight Week, hide your scale and avoid other measurements like calorie counting. Love yourself and love your body. Change your thinking this week and focus on these goals instead:
• Set realistic health guidelines for yourself.
• Accept your weight and embrace who you are.
• Focus on positive lifestyle changes.
• Change your thoughts. Erase negative thoughts and begin positive self-talk: “I am beautiful” “I am strong.”
• Do not diet or obsess on food, weight, or calories.
• Eat Mindfully. Eat when hungry, stop when full.
• Move your body in a fun way, not because you feel like you have to.
• Relax. Take time out for yourself.
Change your thinking and follow our goals instead! At NOAH, we’ll work with you and your child to choose the best path for their overall health and wellness. Please call for an appointment at 480-882-4545.